WordPress Essentials Course Content
A Complete course of WordPress
The WordPress course is grouped into eight modules of related lessons. Each lesson dives into a specific WordPress concept or skill. If you’re new to WordPress, start at the beginning and work through the course at your own pace. If you already know a thing or two about WordPress, you can quickly jump to any topic you need help with.
We will be working on Latest wordpress site 4.5.1
Module 1: Getting Started with WordPress
A no-nonsense WordPress course. By the time you’re through you’ll have WordPress site up and running on your own web hosting account and you’ll be well on your way to creating professional looking websites, you can ask any questions.
- Different between WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com
- Finding a Web Host for Your WordPress Site
- Installing wordpress through c-panel
- Getting to Know the WordPress Dashboard
- Setup Your Profile
Module 2: Creating Content with WordPress
What’s a beautiful looking website without great content? This module teaches you everything you need to know about getting your content into WordPress, with advice on how best to use posts and pages.
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: When To Use Each
- How to Write a Post in WordPress
- How to Manage and Edit WordPress Posts
- Using Post Formats
- Publish Your Post
- How to Write a WordPress Page
- Manage and Edit WordPress Pages
Module 3: Organizing WordPress Content
Learn how to organize your content so your visitors can easily find what they’re looking for. It just so happens that improving your site’s organization will also lead to better search engine rankings.
- Categories vs. Tags
- Using WordPress Categories
- Using WordPress Tags
- How To Create Custom Menus In WordPress
Module 4: Working with Media
WordPress isn’t just for words. You can use it to publish photos, video, and podcasts too. This module shows you how to add media with ease.
- How to Use the WordPress Media Library
- Add Images to a Post
- Create a Photo Gallery
- Add Audio and Video (embed) to Posts
- Add a PDF Download
- Add an Image Gallery to Your Sidebar
Module 5: Customizing Your WordPress Site
What good is a professional looking website if it looks like every other WordPress website? These lessons will show you how to customize your theme and spruce up your site with widgets and plugins. By the time you’re done you’ll have set your site apart from the masses.
- How to Use WordPress Themes
- Customize Your WordPress Theme
- How to Use WordPress Plugins
- How to Use WordPress Widgets
- Using WordPress Screen Options
- Widgets Reloaded
- Supercharge Your WordPress Site with Jetpack
- WordPress Theme Mechanics Webinar
- WordPress Theme Setup Webinar
- How to Change Fonts in WordPress
Getting Conversational Learn how to facilitate conversations, moderate comments, and prevent comment SPAM.
- Managing WordPress Comments
- Fighting WordPress Comment SPAM with Akismet
WordPress Site Management
Whether you’re adding new users or upgrading WordPress, these lessons guide you through the essential maintenance steps that ensure your site remains happy and healthy.
- Upgrading WordPress
WordPress Settings The WordPress settings screens can be downright intimidating. This series of lessons will help you tame your settings and fine tune your site.
- WordPress General Settings
- WordPress Writing Settings
- WordPress Reading Settings
- WordPress Discussion Settings
- WordPress Media Settings
- How to Use WordPress Permalinks - user friendly
Everything You Need to Know About WordPress SEO
Choosing correct plugings:
- Paid and Free plugings
- Making forms by using plugings - https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
- For better editing https://wordpress.org/plugins/tinymce-advanced/
- Changing copyright
- Editing style.css
- Creating a child theme